Your privacy is very important to us. At PLC Partners Ltd. (PLC) we have a few fundamental guiding principles:
- We don’t ask for your personal information unless we truly need it.
- We do not share your personal information with anyone except to potential employers, (with your knowledge and permission), to comply with the law, develop our products or protect our rights.
- We do not store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services, and delete it once it is no longer useful.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is designed to protect individuals and their personal data. We have committed to adhere to the relevant principles and guidelines outlined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is effective from 25th May, 2018
As part of the GDPR, we are required to obtain written consent for all data we collect and have collected, to enable the carrying out of project engagements and recruitment processes.
Please review this policy before agreeing that we can process your data.
What Types of Data Do We Collect?
1. Non-Personal Data
Like most website operators, PLC collects Non-Personal Data from its website which cannot be used to identify or contact you. This type of data includes:
- Statistical information such as date, time, language preference, referring site
- Demographic information
- Browser types
PLC use this type of data to better understand how visitors use their website, to help improve usability, identify trends and generate reports.
2. Personal data
Personal data relates to a specific individual who may be identifiable from that data. PLC requires this type of data to carry out its business with you:
- such as name, address, e-mail address and phone number(s)
- CV’s supplied by you or your agency for possible work placements including:
- Any 3rd party references
- User IP addresses
- Notes from meetings/interviews/phone calls with you
- Your work experience and qualifications
- Any other data related to possible work placements
Why do we store your personal data?
PLC is a project consultancy firm. Part of our services includes the provision of specialist consultants for numerous organisations mainly in project related and IT roles. Your personal data will only be collected by PLC to provide you with recruitment services, send occasional data on new features, request feedback.
How will your data be collected?
PLC collects personal data directly from you, when you:
- Provide us with information when you deal with us by phone, letter, email or web
- Supply us with a CV or complete an application form
- Submit any further information connected with an application
- Store contact information when you subscribe to newsletters and updates via email
If collecting information from a 3rd party, we will firstly seek your consent or otherwise make you aware of the collection and the reasons for it. This may include:
- Professional references
- Results of competency tests
- Subjective feedback on performance
- Information required by Clients e.g. Garda vetting.
How is your data stored?
PLC store your data in our Consultant Database. This is a cloud-based system which is ISO 27001/2, ISO27018/17 (cloud privacy standard), and SOC 2 compliant and certified by US-EU and Swiss Privacy Shield network.
Where a marketing platform or email marketing service is used, PLC commits to using an SOC 2 and PCI DSS compliant form (currently Mailchimp). For e-mail correspondence, PLC also commits to using a secure hosting provider (currently HostingIreland).
How do we use your data
PLC may use and disclose your personal data for the following reasons:
- to provide recruitment and related services to clients who have requested this service.
- to allow you to submit your CV, apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to job alerts from associates of PLC.
- PLC may also disclose your personal data to third parties where relevant:
- prospective employers and parties such as referees.
- other parties involved in the supply of personnel.
- professional associations, registration bodies or regulatory or law enforcement agencies if required.
Unless required to do so by law, PLC will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
Your security, our priority
Our security procedures protect data from being misused, misplaced, or accessed, changed or disclosed by unauthorised people.
Your data can only be accessed by authorised persons in order to provide you with recruitment and recruitment-related services.
We would normally retain data on our database for a period of 7 years. This is to allow us to provide you with a quality ongoing recruitment service. However, you can request removal of your data at any time.
When to get in touch with us
To further ensure the integrity of your data, you can get in touch with us at any time for any of the following reasons:
Requesting access to your data
You may request access to any personal data PLC holds about you.
Keeping your personal data up to date
To ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date, please alert PLC if any of your details change. Alternatively, we may contact you from time to time. If you have any concerns about the accuracy of the data get in touch.
To request removal of your data from our database
You may get in touch with us at any time to request removal at any time.
For more information on any of the above matters or other queries related to your data, please contact us – see below.
How to get in touch
In order to get in touch with any query in relation to your data, simply send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the nature of your request. We will respond promptly to your query. You may be asked for further details in relation to your request, or to fill out our Data Access Request Form.
Transferring within the EEA
PLC may transfer data to other companies within the EEA to be used in relation to recruitment or related services provided by PLC.
Transferring out of the EEA
Currently, PLC only transfer data within the EEA. If in future, we need to transfer your data outside the EEA, we will alert you and explain clearly why we’re doing it. This will only occur in relation to recruitment or related services provided by PLC.
Our website issues cookies to your computer. Most browsers allow cookies to be turned off but doing so may restrict use of our site
If linked by PLC to another site, PLC cannot accept responsibility for differing data privacy practices